My favorite business is:

Egg Restaurant

Egg is a small farm-to-table restaurant in Williamsburg, Brooklyn that recently received its "Snail of Approval" from Slow Foods. It also operates a 6 acre farm in Oak Hill, NY which supplies most of the produce for the restaurant. In addition, Egg has taken the initiative to expand excess to farm foods and funding in the Williamsburg community. They are currently partnered with the Automotive High School to support the "Food, Land and You" program, which teaches students about food and agriculture through gardening. Their bi-annual fundraising dinners make field trips to local farms in NY a reality and also provide funding for the school garden. Egg is also beginning a partnership with the NYC Wellness in the Schools program which aims to improve the public school lunch program. Egg is committed to investing in the community, the land and the future. -- this business can be found at: Brooklyn mail@pigandegg.com 718 302 5151 http://www.pigandegg.com

232 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindrew hudson (Admin, Slow Money) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

We dream of an EGG in Oregon.

Mary Lines

• Joan S. Cousins commented  · 

Scrumptious food plus a deep commitment to sustainable agriculture and the local community make Egg more that just a great place to eat. It's the root of a developing vision to make a real difference in the world.

• Adele Castleberry commented  · 

this is what i call an understated elegant place to consume the fruits of the local's labor. The fact that they are also committed to the relatively new concept promoted by the national loosly organized CSAs only adds to the enjoyment of it's loyal patrons.

Feedback and Knowledge Base