My favorite business is:

Farmhand Foods

www.farmhandfoods.com, Durham, NC, 27701 Farmhand Foods connects North Carolina's pasture-based livestock farmers with local food lovers, restaurants and retailers. They source from a network of small-scale farmers who raise their animals humanely, on pasture, without feeding antibiotics or animal by-products or using added hormones. Farmhand Foods does the legwork necessary to get a consistent selection of quality local meats into local markets. A woman owned business, co-founders, Jennifer Curtis & Tina Prevatte, are passionate about supporting family farms and building a sustainable local food system here in North Carolina. They are committed to paying farmers fairly and to conducting business with transparency so their customers know exactly where your food comes from and how it was raised. I'm excited about their potential to scale and have a real and meaningful impact on the sustainability of our local food economy here in the south. After less than a year in business, they have developed a network of close to 20 producers and sell fresh pasture-raised beef and pork cuts & value-added products to approximately 30 restaurants, retailers & specialty grocery stores. Response to their marketing and brand has been really positive here in my home town of Durham as well as nationally where their logo just won a Gold ADDY award. Check out their mobile Sausage Wagon at the website - the sausages are delicious!

1,255 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    drew hudsonAdmindrew hudson (Admin, Slow Money) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gfgf commented  · 

I love the Meat Boxes too! They make it easy.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

i love farmhand. they are the only people who could convince me to try fennel chow chow and love it.

• Anne Claire BroughtonAnne Claire Broughton commented  · 

Terrific business. I just had a burger made with their beef and it was delicious!

• Carol SeagleCarol Seagle commented  · 

I love the Sausage Wagon. Great fun concept and great food!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

LOVE The Sausage Wagon and can't believe how fast they have expanded to have their delicious meats in a few select stores. I don't eat beef... and would love to see their line expand to turkey and chicken!

Feedback and Knowledge Base