My favorite business is:

Saxapahaw General Store

The Saxapahaw General Store epitomizes slow money, local food, community and a wonderful zeitgeist. They rightfully call themselves "Your local five-star gas station." The food is cooked to order by a great group of guys that the owner has personally shepherded and taught. The co-owner, Jeff, also the chef, is trained as a butcher and brings his love of well-raised meats to star on an ever-changing menu. They are huge supporters of local farmers -- the kind of place where you can drop in with a few dozen eggs -- extras from your backyard flock -- and they will happily add them for sale in the cooler. Same with produce. The isles are lined with local, handcrafted items such as soaps, hand-spun wool, herbal preparations and so much more. They are becoming famous for their goat burger, which came about because a local goat farmer stopped in and asked them to try his meat. All of the pastries are made fresh, in house. Everything about slow money is embodied here! -- this business can be found at: Saxapahaw, N.C. 336-376-5332 http://saxapahawgeneralstore.blogspot.com/

275 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    drew hudsonAdmindrew hudson (Admin, Slow Money) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...