My favorite business is:

Abilicious Bakery

http://abiliciousbakery.com/ P.O. Box 940, Pittsboro, NC 27312 Abi Wilson didn't get discouraged when she discovered she had allergies to gluten. Instead, she got busy. With the help of two Slow Money loans, one for a industrial mixer and the other for a commercial grade oven in 2010, she started Abilicious Bakery. Abi makes delicious gluten-free baked goods and granolas, inventing fabulous recipes and adding new customers almost daily! She sources local ingredients as much as possible, sells at local Farmer's Markets, and runs her own gluten-free CSA, or rather CSB. Her snickerdoodles can't be beat. She's added an employee, picked up several wholesale accounts with local stores and restaurants, and hopes to expand into a store-front one day. She is the epitome of an industrious, young, engaging entrepreneur. She's a sterling example of what Slow Money is all about, and Abi would be a tremendous asset to the National Gathering.

1,210 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindrew hudson (Admin, Slow Money) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ruth Smith commented  · 

Abi is so energentic, enthusiastic, talented and hard-working, and she makes yummy foods! She saw a need and immediately went to work studying up and figuring out how to start her business, and she's constantly working on expanding her menu and improving recipes.

• Elizabeth Wilson commented  · 

She has truly taken advantage of a wonderful opportunity and put it into creative action! What a great success story and an inspiration to anyone who is not afraid of hard work.

• William Stott commented  · 

I've known Abi for almost three years, and in that time I have been deeply impressed by her intelligence, creativity, and energy. As a student, fellow actor, and friend, Abi has brought insight, beauty, and joy into my life. Her entrepreneurial talents grow from the same spirit as her art work, her commitment to community, and her sense of adventure. Because she is so articulate and animated, Abi is an ideal representative at a gathering of community-based entrepreneurs. I can't imagine a more dynamic and inspirational speaker and participant; she will delight and instruct.

• Diane Swan commented  · 

Absolutely the best I've ever had. And Abi is a hard, hard worker. Always trying new things.

• Kim Herold commented  · 

Abi is a genuine, warm woman and Abilicious Bakery is an awesome project. As someone with celiac disease, it's incredible to be able to eat baked goods again! I love that Abi is in my community.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed on all counts! Abi is above all a positive person, true to her truest self and as far as I know has always been driven by her interests and genuine love for her life. Her creativity and self-awareness draws almost everyones attention. wherever she goes she is welcomed and warm. Go Abi! and Abilicious Bakery!

Feedback and Knowledge Base