My favorite business is:

Nashville Grown

Nashville Grown is Nashville's first food hub, preparing to launch in May 2012. With a network of urban farms and community gardens within an hour's drive of Nashville's center, Nashville Grown will aggregate and distribute sustainably-grown produce to local restaurants, grocery stores, and institutions. This will increase year-round, 24/7 access to local food, help existing farms grow, and enable new farms--even teeny tiny ones in the urban core--to thrive. www.nashvillegrown.org

813 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sarah Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam Selzer commented  · 

sooooooo close! 4th place is still amazing though. Be proud :)

• Jodi Behan commented  · 

I cannot see how people could choose Journey to Bliss over Nashville Grown in this vote. That doesn't make logical sense.

Don't get me wrong I love raw food. I love it from the garden. And I think the more we learn to garden the more raw we will eat.

My stomach hurts with all the nuts and seeds from Journey to Bliss.

I think the push forward is everyone gardening or using local farmers and eating seasonal.

It was an easy vote for me.

• eana commented  · 

go trees!

• Robert Weekley commented  · 

This sounds like a win-win-win-win solution; good for consumers, good for farmers, good for the environment, and good for Nashvillegrown.

• Sizwe commented  · 

Local and locally source food is the key to healthier communities and cities. Nashville-Grown is a solution that deserves support .

• Brian Zralek commented  · 

Hello - Nashville is a vibrant city in which public momentum is trending toward greater access to locally-sourced food. I would love to see the missing link from local growers to local eaters filled in, and I think Nashville-Grown is well-positioned to take on that role. Two thumbs up for Nashville-Grown!

• Kathy Duhon commented  · 

This is a great idea anywhere - I hope it spreads quickly.

Kathy Duhon

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please bring this idea to the Hampton Roads area of Virginia!
        Erle Marie Latimer

• Maria T Johnson commented  · 

A terrific and long overdue idea for a community to have access to fresh, local produce.

Feedback and Knowledge Base