My favorite business is:

ploughshare farm

www.ploughsharefarm.com Ploughshare Farm has been a proven sucessful CSA model, growing vegetables to over a 1000 people thoughout MN since 2002. Ploughshare Farm also has a mission of helping connect thos that would otherwise be unable to afford organic vegetables. The owner, Gary Brever is the founder of the "Food For Folk Project," an innovative idea that connects local farms with foodshelves thoughout the state of MN. The Food For Folk Project, now headed up by the Emergency Foodshelf Network's, "Harvest for the Hungry Program" enables farmers to get a fair price for their produce while at the same time providing fresh produce on the plates of low income families. In addition, Ploughshare Farm has been pioneers of the concept of the "Frozen Winter Share." They started blanching and freezing their produce and offering shares of their organic produce through out the winter months. This marketing model allows farms to utilize most of the vegetables they grow and be able to stay connected with their CSA members through out the year.

284 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gary BreverGary Brever shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gary BreverGary Brever commented  · 

Ploughshare Farm will be featured on Lynne Rossetto Kasper's, "The Splendid Table" this fall for our work with the frozen winter shares.

Feedback and Knowledge Base