My favorite business is:

Indigenous

Indigenous is all about beautiful hand made fashion that is good for people & the planet.
• We design and market premium organic & fair trade apparel to specialty retailers across the United States.
• What is Organic Apparel? It is apparel made from natural fibers that are grown organically without the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals.
• What is Fair Trade? Fair trade is an alternative to Sweat Shop Labor that ensures workers receive a fair living wage and are treated with dignity & respect.
• Indigenous is driven by a passion to increase demand for certified organic and fair trade fashion products creating a wholelistic supply chain providing artisans at the base of the pyramid a living wage.

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matt Reynolds shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Clothing Matters has proudly partnered with Indigenous Designs through our 15 year history dedicated to making available the finest of sustainably manufactured apparel. Their leadership in the industry is unparallelled and uncompromised. We have utmost respect and appreciation for their committed efforts which make possible what we consider to be the most beautiful apparel in the world.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Indigenous is fashion-forward by being meaningfully, beautifully present!

• Greg commented  · 

Indigenous is setting a new standard for how companies should operate. Keep up the good work, gents.

• Amie Glass commented  · 

Happy to vote for Indigenous! They are a genuine leader in socially and environmentally responsible enterprise.

• Susan Hollingshead commented  · 

Fantastic group of people who make the world a better place every day!

• Anonymous commented  · 

great company and great people !!

• Martha commented  · 

Without exception, when I wear one of the several Indigenous sweaters I have purchased, people comment "How beautiful, where did you get that?" Love it! And, I've owned some for a few years now - they are timeless fashion pieces. I LOVE each of Indigenous clothes!

• Jan Morgan commented  · 

I love to wear my indigenous clothes and it feels good to wear clothing that is so beautiful and sustainably made.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great example of "We First" business practice, keep up the good work guys.

• Desiree Cromwell commented  · 

Indigenous gets it! Certified organic and fair trade fashion is and will continue to be healthy for our world. Thanks to the forward thinking group that considers human beings in a caring way.

• Craig Flax commented  · 

Taking care of yourself, your community and your planet is the ONLY way to run a business. Indigenous gets it!

• Dennis commented  · 

People helping people is a great business model

• JLevy commented  · 

Scott, Matt and Indigenous Designs have taught me amongst myriads of other consumers what it means to shop fair trade and organic. Thank you for doing what you do.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We at Myths and Mountains think Indigenous represents the best in what a 21st century company should be. Hurray for you all.,

• Ron Nadeau commented  · 

HI ~~ This Org. has been about SUSTAINABILITY and COMMUNITY building from the beginning and continues to exemplify the way of "right-relationship" with Mother Earth and respectful consumptive values with the spirit of creativity and traditional expression~.

• Mark Marosits, Co-founder Worldways Social Marketing commented  · 

Indigenous makes real impact by providing sustainable economic futures for artisans in a manner that respects cultural traditions. And, Indigenous has invested in more than its own growth over the years, putting significant resources into advancing the vision and values of fair trade and organic, working hard to grow this vital sector. It is this transcendence of self-interest AND attention to smart, conscious business that enables Indigenous to rise to the top of my favorite list.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I admire such brands, committed to improve our life and the world.

• Alicia commented  · 

This is how business should be done. Beautiful products, beautiful design, and powerful contribution.

• Jonathan commented  · 

I love the deep commitment to justice, joy and good business! Amazing company run by amazing people.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base